The world is changing and becoming more global, interconnected, and digital every day.
More than ever, technology broke down barriers to running a business and earning income and helped turn the world into a global village.
According to some studies, one in every seven people in the world today is already an immigrant.
Someone is looking for better business and lifestyle opportunities. Somebody wishes to improve their travel freedom and provide their families with better education and healthcare.
In the last couple of years, during the Corona crisis, having another citizenship has proven even more important and useful.
Apart from birth, marriage, and other possibilities prescribed by the law, many countries introduced citizenship through investment programs. Even in the EU, there are countries where is possible to obtain citizenship by investment.
In Austria, for example, an applicant is required to invest in the Austrian economy, in a business that creates new jobs, or generates new export value. Significant investment should be made, even though there are no prescribed precise figures.
To be eligible for the Austrian citizenship, you must:
- Have a clean criminal record
- Have enough funds to make the respective investment (usually in millions)
- Prove that the investment is legal and legitimate
- Provide a significant number of full-time jobs
The procedure involves various governmental institutions on different levels.
- EU passport and Visa-free travel or visa-on-arrival to more than 180 countries
- Freedom to live and work within EU countries
- One of Europe’s wealthiest countries, with high quality of life
To obtain citizenship by investment in Montenegro an applicant may acquire Montenegrin citizenship by investment i.e. buying immovable property.
Investment should be made in one of the approved development projects.
There are two kinds of prices depending on the location where an applicant is buying property:
- If he invests in development projects in northern or central Montenegro, excluding Podgorica, the minimum investment is EUR 250.000
- If he invests in development projects in the capital of Podgorica or the coastal regions the minimum investment is EUR 450.000
- In addition, there is a government fee of EUR 200,000 per application
All procedure is controlled by the government of Montenegro.
- EU candidate country passport
- Visa-free travel to more than 120 countries or visa-on-arrival, including EU countries
- Euro as a currency
- Enjoyment in the beautiful scenery and mild Mediterranean climate in a multinational community