The Government of Montenegro, at the session of February 7, 2019, passed Decision about The Privatization Plan for 2019 which is published in the Official Gazette No. 013/19 of 01, March 2019 and it came into force on 9, April of the same year.
Decision on Privatization Plan for 2019 sets out the goals and methods of privatization, enterprises and capital for privatization, the conditions for their implementation, as well as the locations that need to be valued and the social aspects of the privatization process. The main goal of privatization is to increase the competitiveness and efficiency of the functioning of the company, encourage foreign investments and entrepreneurship in all areas, increase employment and improve living standards, stated in the Decision.
The document provides preparation and implementation of public procurements for the privatization of of certain companies, also tourist sites or companies which will be valorised through the public-private partnership, and the sale of certain companies’ shares through the stock exchange is envisaged.
The document provides:
I. Preparation and implementation of public procurements for the privatization of the following companies:
- Institute “Dr Simo Milosevic” – AD Igalo
- HG “Budvanska rivijera” – AD Budva
- “Castello Montenegro” AD – Pljevlja
- “Institut za crnu metalurgiju” AD – Nikšić
II. Also, The Privatization Plan for 2019. provides tourist sites or companies to be valorised through the public-private partnership:
- Bay Masline – Bušat for cape Odrač, Municipality of Bar
- Location between Njivice and Sutorina River mouth, Municipality of Herceg Novi;
- Locality Donja Arza – Herceg Novi
- Locality “Kabala for”, Municipality of Herceg Novi
- Project for tourist valorisation of the locality “Mrkovi – Bijela Stijena”, Luštica, Municipality of Herceg Novi
- Tourist complex Ecolodge Lovćen – National Park Lovćen, Cetinje