The Government of Montenegro, at the session of March 1, 2018, passed Decision about The Privatization Plan for 2018 which is published in the Official Gazette No. 020/18 of 30, March 2018 and it came into force on 7, April of the same year.
Decision on Privatization Plan for 2018 sets out the goals and methods of privatization, enterprises and capital for privatization, the conditions for their implementation, as well as the locations that need to be valued and the social aspects of the privatization process. The main goal of privatization is to increase the competitiveness and efficiency of the functioning of the company, encourage foreign investments and entrepreneurship in all areas, increase employment and improve living standards, stated in the Decision.
The document provides preparation and implementation of public procurements for the privatization of of certain companies, also tourist sites or companies which will be valorised through the public-private partnership, and the sale of certain companies’ shares through the stock exchange is envisaged.
The document provides:
I. Preparation and implementation of public procurements for the privatization of the following companies:
- Institute “Dr Simo Milosevic” – AD Igalo
- HG “Budvanska rivijera” – AD Budva
II. Also, The Privatization Plan for 2018. provides tourist sites or companies to be valorised through the public-private partnership:
- VTK “Mediteran” – Žabljak;
- Kolašin 1600, Municipality of Kolašin
- Ada Bojana, Municipality of Ulcinj – tourist valorisation of the site through the development, construction, financing and management of exclusive tourism complex and long-term lease of the island Ada;
- Bay Masline – Bušat for cape Odrač, Municipality of Bar
- Location between Njivice and Sutorina River mouth, Municipality of Herceg Novi;
- Locality Donja Arza – Herceg Novi